Saturday, August 28, 2010

Can't get away / Tarots of our lives part the second

This morning, I fell asleep at 2AM and woke up at 7AM. Thinking I could go back to sleep, I went onto the computer to check some stuff. Two hours later and I was wide awake. I decided to put some music on and plugged in my earbuds. But then the strangest thing happened. I could hear someone saying my name. I assumed it wasn't for me and went on my merry way.

I heard my name again. I wondered if it was my roommate. I looked outside the windows; not seeing anything, I went back upstairs.

About a half hour later I went down to get breakfast. I could still hear the calling.

Looking outside, I saw an old neighbor from my previous apartment.

It really is a small world (town), isn't it? I had thought I had left everything from the old place, terrible, dirty kitchen and all.

And now for a sudden segue: the second part of my tarot thing. Continuing off of the previous post, here's another set of video game tarots, this time from Persona 2. Since there were about six years between the two games, that gave them enough time to revamp much of the art style and design, and this meant that they brought a very different style to their tarot cards. The heavy use of gold and black give the cards an appearance of shadow puppets bred with Egyptian hieroglyphs.






Images from rpgclassics.

No comments:

Post a Comment