Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Which I Avoid Writing My Research Paper

I have never attempted a NaNoWriMo.

Growing up, my formative teenage years were spent not writing fanfiction like healthier children. Rather, I read websites that gleefully savaged bad writing, professional or otherwise. This just so happened to include lots and lots of fanfiction. So I never wrote. All my attempts to write were clumsy and awkward.

It wasn't until last year that I started writing even for fun. My studies in English required me to take at least one writing class. I took a creative writing class in fiction because my life isn't all that interesting, as evidenced by the infrequency that this blog updates (incidentally, that class taught me that just because people want to write doesn't mean they can).

What is the point of this entry? I'm not quite sure. I guess I'm just saying to myself that my writing generally doesn't have enough in it to extend past short-story length. And, not to praise myself too much, that studying literature has probably been more helpful to me than all the writing classes my school has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment